For this recipe, sauce of fermented black beans is used. The beef is cooked in a mixture of the black bean sauce and chilly to offer it a tangy and spicy flavor.
For the Marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (such as canola)
- 3/4 pound steak (sirloin or flank is good, thinly sliced across the grain)
Prepare the Vegetables
- 2 bell peppers (1 green and 1 orange or red)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon Chinese fermented black beans (or black bean sauce, or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large slices ginger
For the Stir-Fry
- 4 tablespoons oil (for stir frying, or as needed)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or broth or water)
- Optional: salt (to taste)
- Optional: pepper (to taste)
- Optional: soy sauce (to taste)
Please click the above 'Get 50 recipes' button and get the instructions for this recipe and get all 50 recipes free in one pdf.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.