Braised Beef In Soy Sauce
This Shanghai dish is a perfect example of red cooking. In this western style cooking, beef is cooked in a mixture of water and soy sauce.
- 4 Turnips (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 Large carrots
- 3 Slices ginger
- 2 Green onions
- 2 tablespoons oil, or as needed
- 2 pounds boneless stewing beef, cut into chunks
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Please click the above 'Get 50 recipes' button and get the instructions for this recipe and get all 50 recipes free in one pdf.