Beef Chow Mein
This is one of the options to get in the noodle section. Hong Kong noodles along with flank steak is cooked in asian sesame oil, Chinese rice wine, oyster sauce, sugar, soy sauce, and cornstarch.
- 8 oz fresh thin chinese egg noodles ( also called hong kong noodles not wonton noodles)
- 1-1/2 piece flank steak
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chinese rice wine (preferably Shaoxing) or medium dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 scallions cut into 2-1/2 inch pieces (1 cup)
- 5 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps quartered (2-1/2 cups)
- 6 oz choy sum, cut into 2-1/2 inch pieces (2-1/2 cups) or 1-inch wide broccoli florets
- special equipment: a well seasoned 14 inch wok (preferably flat-bottomed)
Please click the above 'Get 50 recipes' button and get the instructions for this recipe and get all 50 recipes free in one pdf.
Also in Recipes
This is one of the authentic dishes of Hong Kong and is one of the favorite options...
The Thai dish is prepared with stir fried pork. The pork is cooked with carrot...