Beef In Spicy Black Bean Sauce
For this recipe, sauce of fermented black beans is used. The beef is cooked in a mixture of the black bean sauce and chilly to offer it a tangy and spicy flavor.
For the Marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (such as canola)
- 3/4 pound steak (sirloin or flank is good, thinly sliced across the grain)
Prepare the Vegetables
- 2 bell peppers (1 green and 1 orange or red)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon Chinese fermented black beans (or black bean sauce, or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large slices ginger
For the Stir-Fry
- 4 tablespoons oil (for stir frying, or as needed)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or broth or water)
- Optional: salt (to taste)
- Optional: pepper (to taste)
- Optional: soy sauce (to taste)
Please click the above 'Get 50 recipes' button and get the instructions for this recipe and get all 50 recipes free in one pdf.
Also in Recipes
This is one of the authentic dishes of Hong Kong and is one of the favorite options...
The Thai dish is prepared with stir fried pork. The pork is cooked with carrot...