Braised Beef In Soy Sauce
This Shanghai dish is a perfect example of red cooking. In this western style cooking, beef is cooked in a mixture of water and soy sauce.
- 4 Turnips (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 Large carrots
- 3 Slices ginger
- 2 Green onions
- 2 tablespoons oil, or as needed
- 2 pounds boneless stewing beef, cut into chunks
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Please click the above 'Get 50 recipes' button and get the instructions for this recipe and get all 50 recipes free in one pdf.
Also in Recipes
This is one of the authentic dishes of Hong Kong and is one of the favorite options...
The Thai dish is prepared with stir fried pork. The pork is cooked with carrot...