Mongolian Beef With Vegetables
This dish is not an authentic Chinese option and is more of a Mongolian dish but is quite commonly found in the menus of many of the restaurants in Hong Kong. The beef is cooked with baby corn or bamboo shoots in a spicy sauce made up of fresh orange peel.
- 1 lb sirloin or flank steak
- 1 egg white
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 green onions (sliced on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 8-ounce can baby corn
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar (or 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry)
- 1/4 tsp chile paste, or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup oil for frying beef
Please click the above 'Get 50 recipes' button and get the instructions for this recipe and get all 50 recipes free in one pdf.
Also in Recipes
This is one of the authentic dishes of Hong Kong and is one of the favorite options...
The Thai dish is prepared with stir fried pork. The pork is cooked with carrot...