Sichuan Crispy Beef
The beef is first dry fried to offer it a crispy and chewy texture. Then it is cooked in a Szechuan style with carrots or celery in chili paste.
- 1 pound beef (flank or sirloin steak is good)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 scallions (white parts only)
- 1 tablespoon sweet bean sauce (or substitute hoisin sauce)
- 3 teaspoons chili paste (or chili sauce, as needed)
- 7 1/2 tablespoons oil (for stir-frying)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted Szechuan peppercorns
Please click the above 'Get 50 recipes' button and get the instructions for this recipe and get all 50 recipes free in one pdf.
Also in Recipes
This is one of the authentic dishes of Hong Kong and is one of the favorite options...
The Thai dish is prepared with stir fried pork. The pork is cooked with carrot...