HOW TO PREPARE BAKED CRAB CAKES!
OCEAN CATCH COOKED BLUE SWIMMING CRAB MEAT (227G/TUB)
Preparation Time: 40 mins / Cook Time: 8 mins / Serving: 4
1 x OCEAN CATCH COOKED BLUE SWIMMING CRAB MEAT (227G/TUB)
¼ cup each, or even less ( you be the judge) of finely chopped celery, red onion, red pepper
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
1 tablespoon of fresh chopped basil
¼ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
¼ cup of panko breadcrumbs
zest of a ½ lemon
3 tablespoons of real mayo for the filling, plus extra for aioli
Old Bay seasoning to taste, or creole if you want it spicier
FOR THE AIOLI
1 cup of good quality mayo
meyer lemon juice or regular lemon juice, fresh. Mix well til you get a nice consistency, add some salt and pepper.
1. Pre- heat oven to 500 degrees
2. Spray a small baking sheet or pie tin with olive oil spray, no parchment or foil.
3. Take a mixing bowl then add the mayo, zest & old bay, mix well.
4. Fold in the celery, red pepper, red onion, parsley & basil and panko.
5. Gently fold in the lump crab meat & combine everything. At this point you can taste for seasoning as you like it, adding salt & pepper to taste or more spice.
6. Place bowl into the freezer for 10 minutes or fridge for 20 minutes, no longer! This allows the panko to set up & hold everything together.
7. Take a ring mold, around 3" & fill it almost to the top, packing it down as your filling it.
8. Gently push it out onto your greased baking sheet.
9. Place them into the hot 260C oven for 8 minutes and do not touch or flip them over.
10. Take them out after 8 minutes & let them sit on the baking sheet for a minute before removing.
11. Rub your platter or serving dish with some of the aioli then carefully take a fish spatula & lift the crab cake gently off the pan & actually flip it over with your hand so the deeper golden side that was on the bottom is now facing up.
12. Garnish with more aioli, some parsley & a sprinkle of Old Bay seasoning.