How to prepare BBQ Beef Ribs Rub?
US PREMIUM BEEF RIB FINGERS (FROM 1.16KG)
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 240 mins
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (sub white)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder (sub 1 tsp fresh garlic)
- 1 tsp onion powder (sub garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves , minced (sub 2 tsp powder)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup , or Aussie tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , loosely packed (ie don't pack it tight)(sub white)
- 2 tsp EACH black pepper, onion powder, mustard powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste re: spiciness)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (sub soy sauce)
- 2 cups water
- Parsley or chives , chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F (all oven types).
- Mix Rub in a small bowl large, enough to fit one rib.
- Press beef ribs into the rub, coating all sides. Shake off excess.
- Mix Barbecue Sauce ingredients, except water, in a baking pan. Then mix in water.
- Place ribs in sauce, turning to coat. Arrange meat side down in the sauce, bone side exposed (sauce won't cover completely, that's ok).
- Cover tightly with foil or lid, bake 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven, remove foil. Turn ribs (some may have fall over, that's ok, just turn them). Spoon over sauce.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered, spooning over sauce again halfway through, until surface is caramelised and sticky. Check to ensure ribs are tender - pry a bit apart using two forks. (If not, cover and return to oven, but after 4 hrs they certainly should be!)
- Remove ribs onto serving plate (use a spoon as meat will barely be attached to bone, if at all). Mix sauce to bring together. Serve with ribs!
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Nagi from recipetineats.com for the recipe, link is https://www.recipetineats.com/bbq-beef-ribs-slow-cooked/