HOW TO PREPARE BBQ GRILLED BLACKENED HUON SALMON (WHOLE FILLET)!
AUSTRALIAN PREMIUM HUON SALMON WHOLE FILLET SKIN-ON | 3% OFF
Preparation Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 20mins / Serving: 4
1 x AUSTRALIAN PREMIUM HUON SALMON WHOLE FILLET SKIN-ON | 3% OFF
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons blackening seasoning
4 halves grilled lemon
1. Preheat Grill: Prepare the grill for direct grilling, or for the heat source to be directly under the salmon. Target 425 degrees Fahrenheit as the internal temperature of the cooking chamber.
2. Season Salmon: Apply the olive oil to BOTH sides of the salmon and liberally apply the seasoning to the flesh side.
3. Grill Salmon: Place the salmon, skin side UP, over direct heat. Close the lid and wait six minutes. You know it’s ready to flip because the salmon will easily lift away, or not stick to, the grill. This is why the large spatula is nice because you can gently start to flip it, and if it’s still sticking, then you wait another minute until you can easily place the spatula under the flesh side to flip.
4. Flip: Flip to skin side down, and continue grilling over direct heat with the lid closed. After 4 minutes, begin checking the temperature of the salmon filet with a good thermometer. The salmon is done when it reads 135 degrees Fahrenheit on the thermometer in the thickest part of the salmon.
5. Grill Lemon: While the salmon is cooking, grill lemons, flesh side down, for about 6 minutes, or until grill marks appear. Remove and set aside to use while serving the salmon. Just be sure to cook your salmon to 135 degrees F.
6. Serve with your favourite sides and douse with a splash of the grilled lemon.