HOW TO PREPARE BROWN SUGAR GARLIC BUTTER ROAST PORK?
EU HORMONE FREE PORK COLLAR (SHOULDER) RINDLESS ROAST (2KG) | 5% OFF
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 2.15 HRS / Serving: 6
1 x EU HORMONE FREE PORK COLLAR (SHOULDER) RINDLESS ROAST (2KG) | 5% OFF
(Use as a whole joint or cut into 8 equal pieces which will allow more sticky sauce).
1 tsp each salt and pepper
100 g / 7 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup / 80g brown sugar , loosely packed
1/4 cup / 65 ml cider vinegar (white wine or red wine vinegar also fine)
4 garlic cloves , minced
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 160C/320F (standard) or 140C/290F (fan).
2. Place Sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Once butter has melted, stir to combine then leave for 1 - 2 minutes until sugar is melted. Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle pork pieces all over with salt & pepper.
4. Line pan with foil then parchment / baking paper, place pork in pan.
Pour Sauce all over pork. Cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, remove foil. Turn pork. Return to oven uncovered for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Turn pork, spoon pan juices over. Return to oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until pork is golden & sauce has reduced to a thin syrup (thickens more when it cools).
7. Stand for 5 minutes, then turn pork to coat in sauce. Serve pork with syrupy pan sauce.
Ideal with potatoes and vegetables