How to prepare Chickpea and Ground Lamb Breakfast Hash with Skhug Sauce?
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 125 grams (5 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons Skhug Sauce, divided (see Cooking Tip for recipe link)
- 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Caraway Seeds , crused
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds , crushed in pestle and mortar
- 150 grams (6 ounces) peeled butternut squash, diced
- 225 grams (8 ounces) ground lamb or beef
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 400 grams tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Granules
- 400 grams tin chopped tomatoes
- 50 grams (2 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cucumber, diced
- Mix the ricotta cheese and 1 tbs of the Skhug Sauce in a small bowl, until they are well blended. Cover and refrigerate, until ready to serve. Reserve the remaining Skhug Sauce to flavour the lamb hash.
- Mix all of the dry spices in small bowl, set aside. Steam or microwave the butternut squash until soft, then reserve.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the lamb, cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add 2 tsp of the dry spice mixture, and cook and stir until the lamb is no longer pink. Then with a slotted spoon, remove the lamb from the frying pan and reserve.
- Add the onion, squash and aubergine and stir while cooking on a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. Add the chickpeas, Garlic and the remaining spice mixture and cook and stir for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the tinned tomatoes and the browned lamb and cook until the squash is tender. Stir in the spinach, lemon juice and reserved Skhug Sauce, and cook until the spinach is just wilted.
- To serve, spoon the chickpea and lamb hash into serving bowls. Top with the diced cucumber and a dollop of the skhug ricotta.
Posted by Aussie Meat and we thank Schwartz for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.schwartz.co.uk/recipes/lamb/chickpea-and-ground-lamb-breakfast-hash-with-skhug-sauce