HOW TO PREPARE GRASSFED LAMB MINCE POTATO HOT POT!
NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED LAMB MINCE (80% VL, 500G)
Preparation Time: 30 mins / Cook Time: 20 mins / Serving: 4
1 NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED LAMB MINCE (80% VL, 500G)
1 stick Celery
1 Large Carrot
1 Medium Onion
4 Large Potatoes
350 ml Beef Stock
1 tbsp Plain Flour
25 g Butter melted
1 Clove Garlic
tsp Worcestershire Sauce
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas Mark 5.
2. Dice the onion, garlic, carrot, celery & leek.
3. Heat a large saucepan with a little oil & add in the diced vegetables & sauté on a low heat for 4-5 minutes until they are beginning to soften. Next add in the minced lamb & cook this for 4-5 minutes until the lamb is browned off. Add a pinch of salt & pepper.
4. Next add in the plain flour & use this to dry up any juices that are on the pan.
5. In a separate saucepan bring the flavoured stock to a gentle boil.
6. Stir the boiled stock into the floured lamb mixture & stir continuously until the mixture thickens, ensuring that no lumps form during the process.
7. Continue to cook for 3-4 minutes & check the seasoning. Add the Worcestershire sauce at this stage.
8. Transfer the lamb & vegetable mixture to a medium sized casserole dish at this stage.
9. Next peel & thinly slice the potatoes & arrange these on top of the lamb & vegetable mixture with each potato slice slightly overlapping the previous one.
10. Brush the entire top of the pie with the melted butter, which will give a nice shine & glaze to the potatoes.
11. Transfer the hot pot to the oven for approximately 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are tender & the entire mixture is bubbling.