How to prepare Instant Pot Asian Style Short Ribs?
Buy Product(s): Hot Pot | US Certified (USDA) Angus Boneless Short-Rib Slices
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. chilli garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) thinly sliced green onions, white and light green portions, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) honey
- 2/3 cup (5 fl. oz./160 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup (5 fl. oz./160 ml) water
- 3 lb. (1.5 kg) flanken-cut beef short ribs, each about 1/2 inch (12 mm) thick
- 1/3 cup (3 fl. oz./80 ml) hoisin sauce
- In an Instant Pot, combine the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, chilli garlic sauce, the 1/4 cup green onions, the honey, soy sauce and water. Add the short ribs and toss to coat. Submerge the ribs as much as possible in the liquid.
- Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to “sealing.” Set the Instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When the pressure cooking is complete, turn the valve to “venting” to manually release the steam. When the steam stops, carefully remove the lid. Transfer the short ribs to a platter and cover loosely with aluminium foil.
- Using a large spoon, skim the excess fat off the sauce. Set the Instant Pot to “sauté” and simmer the sauce until it is reduced to about 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml), about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the hoisin sauce. Pour the sauce over the short ribs, garnish with sliced green onions and serve immediately. Serves 6.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Williams Sonoma for the recipe link https://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/recipe/instant-pot-asian-style-short-ribs.html