How to Prepare Italian Sausage Baby Back Ribs?
Buy Product(s): Spanish Duroc Pork Baby Back Ribs
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 3hrs 40 mins
- 2 racks baby back ribs, trimmed
- Spice rub:
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup of orange juice
- ⅓ cup of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons hot chile paste, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Combine fennel seeds, black pepper, sugar, garlic salt, kosher salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Place rib racks on the prepared baking sheet; cut several shallow slits in the membrane along the backs of the ribs with a sharp paring knife. Rub fennel seed mixture on both sides of ribs
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Flip ribs and bake until a fork inserts easily between the bones, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Set aside to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Combine brown sugar, orange juice, vinegar, orange zest, and hot chile paste in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) and line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Cut rib racks into individual ribs; toss with glaze in a large bowl until evenly coated. Place ribs on the prepared baking sheet. Reserve any additional glaze in the bowl for basting.
- Bake glazed ribs for 5 minutes. Flip, brush with remaining glaze and bake until browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank All Recipes for the recipe link https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/231005/italian-sausage-baby-back-ribs/