HOW TO PREPARE OVEN ROASTED BLACK COD?
Preparation Time: 2 mins / Cook Time: 30 mins / Serving: 2
1 x Pack OCEAN CATCH US BLACK COD STEAK SKIN-ON (300G) | 15% OFF
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
2 teaspoons capers
1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
4 bacon slices
1 (12-ounce) black cod fillet (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick)
Garnish: fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 400°.Combine ingredients 2-5 in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Microwave potatoes in a large glass bowl covered with plastic wrap on HIGH 4 minutes. Drain potatoes, if necessary, & stir in garlic, salt, pepper, & 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside.
3. Cook bacon in a large cast iron or ovenproof dish over medium-high heat until crisp; remove bacon, & drain on paper towels, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in skillet. Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet over medium-high heat; add cod fillet, and cook 1 minute on each side.
4. Spoon reserved potatoes around cod; bake 3 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, & spread reserved butter mixture over fish. Return to oven; bake 5 more minutes or just until fish flakes with a fork & is opaque in the center. Sprinkle with cooked bacon; garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.