HOW TO PREPARE PAN FRIED DUCK BREAST WITH SPRING VEGETABLES!
EUROPEAN ORGANIC GARDEN PEAS (400G)
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook: 30 mins / Serving: 2
1 x FRENCH DUCK BREASTS SKIN-ON BONELESS FILLET (2 PIECES) | NEW
300 g new potatoes
1 bunch of asparagus , (350g)
200 g EUROPEAN ORGANIC GARDEN PEAS (400G)
1 fresh red chilli
½ a bunch of fresh mint , (15g)
extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the potatoes, halving any larger ones, in a pan of boiling salted water for 20 minutes, or until tender.
2. Score the skin of the duck breast at 2cm intervals, then season with sea salt & black pepper.
3. Place the duck skin-side down in a cold non-stick frying pan, then turn the heat on to medium-high. Cook for 8 minutes without moving it, or until the fat is well rendered & the skin is golden and crispy.
4. Turn the duck over & cook for 4 minutes on the other side, then remove to a plate to rest, leaving the pan of duck fat on the heat.
5. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus & add the spears to the potato pan for the last 5 minutes, adding the peas for the last 2 minutes, then drain it all & leave to stream dry.
6. Finely chop the chilli & mint leaves & place in a large bowl. Finely grate in the lemon zest & squeeze in half the juice, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, mix together & season to taste.
7. Halve the asparagus spears, then tip all the warm vegetables into the dressing & mix well. Divide between your plates, then slice the duck & arrange over the top.