How to prepare Pan-Seared Barramundi with Prince of Orange Potatoes & Spinach?
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 4 Skin-On Barramundi Fillets
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 lb Prince Of Orange Potatoes
- ¾ lb Spinach
- 2 Tbsps White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Shallot
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Medium dice the potatoes. Peel the garlic; finely chop 2 of the cloves. Finely chop the remaining clove and smash with the side of your knife until it resembles a paste (or use a zester). Peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to thoroughly coat. Arrange in a single, even layer and roast 28 to 30 minutes, or until browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven.
- Once the potatoes have roasted for about 5 minutes, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, half the vinegar and as much of the garlic paste as you’d like; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the potatoes continue to roast, in a large pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Working in batches, add the spinach; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes per batch, or until wilted. Transfer to a strainer; hold or rest over a bowl. Using a spoon, press down on the cooked spinach to release as much liquid as possible; discard the liquid. Transfer the cooked spinach to a cutting board and finely chop. Wipe out the pan.
- While the potatoes continue to roast, pat the barramundi fillets dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper on both sides. In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned fillets, skin sides down. Cook 3 to 5 minutes on the first side, or until the skin is crispy. Flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside in a warm place. Wipe out the pan.
- While the potatoes continue to roast, in the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the shallot and chopped garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until softened and fragrant. Add the chopped spinach and remaining vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until well combined and heated through. Divide the finished spinach, roasted potatoes and cooked barramundi fillets between 4 dishes. Serve with the aioli on the side. Enjoy!