How to prepare Ribeye Steaks with Red Wine Sauce?
Buy Product(s): Australian Wagyu Ribeye Roast
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 2 large ribeye steaks, 1½ to 2-inches thick
- kosher salt, as needed for seasoning
- black pepper, as needed for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) minced garlic
- ¼ cup (34 g) minced shallots
- 1 cup (240 ml) red wine, Zinfandel
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 2 sprigs thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup (240 ml) beef stock
- ¼ cup (15 g) parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Line a sheet pan with foil and place a wire rack on top, set aside.
- Adjust oven rack to the centre position and preheat to 275ºF (135ºC). Place a large 12-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven to warm.
- Dry the steaks with a paper towel to remove excess surface moisture and transfer to the wire rack. Generously season the meat with salt and ground black pepper on both sides.
- Place steaks in the oven and cook about 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Remove the steaks from the oven and set aside.
- Remove the cast iron pan from the oven and transfer to the stovetop.
- Heat the pan over high heat and add the oil.
- Once the oil is very hot and just beginning to smoke, carefully add the steaks to the pan.
- Sear the first side until a deep brown crust is formed, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully flip the steaks over and sear about 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Use tongs to turn the steaks on their sides to cook and render remaining fat, about 2 minutes total.
- Add one tablespoon of the butter to the pan, melt and use a spoon to briefly baste the tops of the steaks.
- Transfer steaks to a clean plate and allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- For the red wine sauce, reserve 1 tablespoon of the steak drippings in the cast iron pan and heat over medium.
- Once the drippings are warm add the garlic and shallots, saute and stir frequently until tender, about 1 minute.
- Add red wine, balsamic vinegar, rosemary sprig and thyme sprigs, bring mixture to a rapid simmer over high heat.
- Allow wine mixture to reduce until thickened, about ¼ a cup, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in beef stock, and rapidly simmer over high heat until the sauce is reduced and thickened to about ½ cup, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove rosemary and thyme, discard.
- Turn off heat and whisk in 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Taste the red wine sauce and season with more salt and pepper as desired.
- Garnish steaks with chopped thyme, rosemary, and parsley a few minutes before serving.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Jessica Gavin for the recipe link is https://www.jessicagavin.com/ribeye-steaks-red-wine-sauce/