HOW TO PREPARE ROAST LAMB WITH VEGETABLES?
NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED BONE IN LAMB LEG ROAST
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 100 mins / Serving: 4/6
60ml Olive Oil
1 Lemon Juice & Zest from
1 Tbsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Thyme
2KG NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED BONE IN LAMB LEG ROAST
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
2-3 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
1kg Potatoes, Quartered
250ml Vegetable Stock
4-5 Carrots, peeled & cut into chunks
1-2 Parsnips, peeled & cut into chunks
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C/180°C .
2. Remove leg of lamb from the fridge & leave at room temperature for about an hour.
3. In a small bowl mix the marinade ingredients.
4. Using a sharp knife, pierce the leg of lamb all over, stuffing each hole with a slice of garlic & a few rosemary leaves.
5. Place leg of lamb in a very large roasting tin pour half of the marinade over the meat. Turn leg of lamb over so it is entirely coated in the marinade.
6. Add the potatoes to the roasting tin pour the remaining marinade over them.
7. Season lamb & potatoes with an extra sea salt then roast in the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
8. Add stock to the roasting tin continue to roast for about 25 minutes for rare (internal temperature of 55°C on a meat thermometer), 30-35 minutes for medium rare (60°C) or 40-45 minutes well done (70°C).
9. Remove roast from the oven & place roasted lamb on a large serving dish. Cover with foil & leave to rest.
10. Add carrots & parsnips to the roasting tray with the potatoes. Cover roasting tray with tinfoil then return to the oven for 30 minutes.
11. Once cooked, spoon vegetable around the roast lamb. Baste lamb with the pan juices then serve.