How to Prepare Salt Fried Pork?
Buy Product(s): Hot Pot | Pork Belly Rind-On With Soft Bone Slices
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 8 ounces fresh boneless pork belly, skin on
- 1 medium-sized leek or 5 green onions, both white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons chilli bean paste
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fermented black beans
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Slice the pork very thinly, into rectangles about 3 by 2 inches. Cut the leeks on a sharp bias into 1-inch slices. If you are without a razor-sharp knife, freeze the pork belly for 20 minutes prior to slicing.
- Swirl the oil into the wok and place over high heat until shimmering but not yet smoking. Add the slices of pork and stir-fry until the pork is lightly browned and has lost much of its water content, about 4 minutes.
- When the oil begins to sizzle, move aside the pork slices, grouping them as best you can on one side of the wok. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat. Lower the heat to medium-low. Add the chilli bean paste and fermented black beans into the pool of fat in the centre of the wok and stir-fry until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Then allow the pork slices to re-enter the oily mixture, and stir-fry vigorously to incorporate, adding the soy sauce and sugar. Add the leeks or green onions. Continue to stir-fry just until the leeks/green onions are just cooked, about 1 minute. Taste the pork and season with salt if needed. Serve immediately.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Serious Eats for the recipe link https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/11/salt-fried-pork-recipe.html