HOW TO PREPARE SEABASS WITH VEGETABLES IN COCONUT CREAM SAUCE?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
- 500g of sea bass fillet
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, cut into rounds
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 300ml of coconut cream
- 60g of okra, halved lengthways
- 60g of parsnip, cut into 1cm rounds
- 60g of pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 60g of sweet potato, cut into 1cm dice
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 red chilli, 1 sliced, 1 left whole
- salt & black pepper
- Wash, dry & season the sea bass with rock salt, black pepper, coriander, garlic & lime. Marinade for at least 30 minutes in the fridge. Preheat the oven to 240°C/gas mark 9.
- Cook the parsnip, the sweet potato and the pumpkin in salted water for 3 minutes, drain and keep.
- Pat-dry the fish fillets, remove any rock salt & marinade bits.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and butter fry each fillet of fish skin-side down till crisp.
- In a medium-large heatproof dish, line the bottom with tomato slices, chilli, chopped coriander & coconut cream. Layers the slices of fish on top of the tomato's.
- Place the cooked vegetables, okra & slices of onion around the fish. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Place in the oven for about 10–15 minutes to finish off cooking the fish. Making sure the fish doesn't dry out. Take out the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- Top with coriander and sprig of thyme. Serve immediately.