How to prepare Slow Cooker Thai Beef Curry?
Buy Product(s): NZ Premium Grass-Fed Striploin Steaks
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 8 hrs 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1/2 cup unsalted beef stock
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 (10-oz.) yellow onion, sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup well-shaken canned full-fat coconut milk
- 8 ounces haricots verts (French green beans), halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 9 ounces fresh spinach (about 9 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add beef, and cook in 2 batches, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 6 minutes. Place browned beef in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add stock to skillet, stirring and scraping to loosen browned bits from the bottom of skillet; transfer mixture to slow cooker. Add curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, and onion; stir to loosely combine. Cover, and cook on low until beef is very tender about 8 hours.
- Add coconut milk and haricots verts to slow cooker. Increase heat to high; cook until haricots verts are tender, about 12 minutes. Turn off heat; add cilantro leaves, spinach, and lime juice. Stir gently until spinach starts to wilt. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Cooking Light for the recipe link https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/slow-cooker-thai-beef-curry