HOW TO PREPARE THAI ORANGE ROUGHY FISH AND PUMPKIN SOUP
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 2 x OCEAN CATCH NZ ORANGE ROUGHY FILLET BONELESS AND SKIN-OFF PACKS, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 200ml light coconut milk
- 3 cups (750ml) salt-reduced chicken or fish stock
- 4 Asian (red) eschalots, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 lime leaves, finely shredded
- 250g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 green capsicum, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons tamarind puree
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste & cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, eschalot, chilli & lime leaves & stir to combine. Add pumpkin, capsicum, tamarind, fish sauce, sugar & a pinch of salt & cook for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add fish & simmer for 5 minutes or until the fish is opaque.
- Place half the spinach in 4 warm bowls & top with the fish & veg. Scatter with remaining spinach, then ladle the sauce over the top & serve.
Serve with Rice if Required.