How to prepare Tomahawk Steak And Roast Tomatoes With Rosemary?
Buy Product(s): US Certified (USDA) Premium Black Angus Tomahawk Steak
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
- 1 tomahawk steak (1.5 kg)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch silverbeet, leaves trimmed and coarsely chopped
Roast tomatoes with rosemary
- 6 large ripe vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
- 250 gm truss tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup rosemary sprigs leave removed
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- 375 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1½ cup)
- Season tomahawk steak liberally with sea salt and a good grind of black pepper, then grill over medium to medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until cooked to your liking (35-40 minutes for medium). Transfer steak to a tray and set aside in a warm place to rest (15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, for roast tomatoes with rosemary, combine ingredients in a flameproof pan that fits tomatoes in a single layer, then place the pan on the grill (you can also roast in an oven at 200C) and cook without disturbing until tomatoes are very tender (45-50 minutes). Drain off excess liquid and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a separate pan, add silverbeet and garlic and stir occasionally until wilted (2-4 minutes). Serve with sliced tomahawk steak and roast tomatoes.