EUROPEAN WHOLE LEAF SPINACH (450G) | NEW
Preparation Time: 12 mins / Cook Time: 20 mins / Serving: 4
1 x EUROPEAN WHOLE LEAF SPINACH (450G) | NEW
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Optional: salt (to taste)
Optional: freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Thaw the frozen spinach in a colander & squeeze it with your hands to get as much moisture out as possible. Set aside.
2. In a sauté pan or saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the minced garlic & sauté, stirring, until it is softened & aromatic.
4. Whisk the flour into the butter & garlic; stir until blended. Cook, stirring, for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the milk & cook, whisking constantly, until thickened.
5. Add the spinach & Parmesan cheese & then add the nutmeg, salt, & pepper.
6. Stirring constantly, continue cooking over low heat for 5 minutes or until spinach is tender & hot.