US FREE RANGE AND ORGANIC CHICKEN THIGH FILLETS
AUSTRALIAN FREE RANGE CHICKEN TENDERLOINS
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 90 mins
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 150g (2 cups) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zested
- 25g finely grated parmesan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, halved
- Steamed broccoli, to serve
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 300g chicken wings
- 300g chicken necks
- 200g smoked pork bones
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch sage
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 tbsp. dried sage
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 300ml ginger beer
- 100ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 60g butter
- 60g plain flour
- 12 baby potatoes, thickly sliced
- 75g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper, to season
- To make gravy, heat oil in a stockpot over high heat. Add chicken wings, necks and pork bones in batches for 8-10 minutes or until browned and caramelised. Return all to the pan and stir in vegetables, herbs and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Stir in vinegar and ginger beer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir in 1L (4 cups) water.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, partially covered, for 35 minutes or until reduced. Strain and discard solids.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a separate saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, whisking, for 5 minutes or until flour starts to darken. Gradually whisk in strained stock until smooth. Bring to a simmer, stirring, until thickened.
- Fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan one-third full with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat to 180C (or until a cube of bread turns golden in 10 seconds). Place flour in a bowl and season well. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest and parmesan in a separate bowl.
- Working in batches, dust chicken pieces in flour. Dip in egg, allow excess batter to drain off, then roll in breadcrumb mixture. Gently drop the chicken into the oil and fry, turning halfway, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Season with salt, then thickly slice.
- To make boiled potatoes, place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil and boil gently until tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden, adding garlic for final 2 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and parsley. Season.
- Divide chicken, potatoes and broccoli among serving plates. Pour over gravy to serve.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank My Kitchen Rules for the recipe link is https://mkr.7plus.com.au/crumbed-chicken-with-smoky-chicken-gravy?category=Chicken
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Michelin Star-quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.