EUROPEAN ORGANIC MIXED VEGETABLES (400G)
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 25 mins / Serving: 4
1 x EUROPEAN ORGANIC MIXED VEGETABLES (400G)
1.5 cups diced potatoes
3 tablespoon cooking oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 medium red onion sliced fine
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 small tomatoes chopped
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a deep pan or karahi (wok) & add the cumin seeds & onions.
2. Fry the onions until they start to caramelize & turn brown.
3. Add the ginger, garlic & tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes break down & soften. You can add a splash of water if the masala is too dry.
4. Add the spices (coriander, red chilli & turmeric) & salt & stir well.
5. Add the remaining vegetables - peas, carrots, cauliflower, beans & potatoes. 6. Add a splash of water, mix & cover the pan.
7. Cook on low-medium heat until the vegetables are cooked through but not mushy. Serve hot with Indian bread like roti or paratha.