Preparation Time: 60 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 800g flank steak
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tbsp. mustard
- Ground black pepper
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- ¼ bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate the steak with garlic, olive oil, pepper, and mustard. Leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cook the unpeeled potatoes in boiling water for about 12 minutes and leave to cool. ‘Smash’ them by pressing lightly to crack the skin and then flatten them.
- Heat a frying pan; add olive oil and brown potatoes on both sides.
- For the salsa, mix diced tomatoes, onion, parsley, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove steaks from marinade and cook on a hot grill for 6 minutes on each side (for medium-rare). Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly and serve with potatoes and salsa.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Australian Beef. The Greatest. for the recipe link is https://www.australianbeef.com.au/recipes/flank-steak-with-smashed-potatoes-and-salsa/