How to Prepare Italian Chicken Piccata, Lemony, caper-topped, and just buttery enough, chicken piccata is an easy weeknight supper that’s easy to love, and so very fast—just ten minutes from sauté pan to table. 😍😍🌈🌈
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 30 mins / Serving: 4/6
- 2 X PACKS EU HORMONE FREE CHICKEN BREASTS (SKINLESS & BONELESS, 1KG)
- 2.5 tsp Salt & pepper.
- 1 Cup Flour for covering chicken
- 10 Tbsp of Butter
- 4Tbsp Olive oil to cover pan bse for frying
- 1.5 Cups of Chicken stock (more if you like lots of sauce)
- Shallots chopped
- 1x Garlic Gloved chopped
- 1 x Lemon sliced
- Season chicken 2 teaspoons salt & pepper. Cover the chicken in the flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat 3 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp oil in a large pan on a medium-high until the butter has melted.
- Working in batches, add ½ the chicken & sauté until golden brown, about 2 ½ - 3 minutes per side, until cooked through. Set the chicken aside on a plate when they finish cooking. Repeat for 2nd batch.
- Add the shallot/onions to the pan drippings & sauté until soft and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add garlic & saute for 1 minute longer.
- Add the stock & simmer until reduced by half, about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, then stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, capers, lemon juice, & zest to taste. Season with remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Garnish with parsley if using.
- Serve the chicken with the piccata sauce poured over the top of the pan-fried chicken, alongside your favourite pasta.
Check out the recipe at : https://bit.ly/3fiyCLi