Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 1 hr 5 mins Serving: 8
- 1 chicken, 1-2kg
For the rosemary, anchovy, garlic and lemon butter
- 1 small tin anchovies (or 12-14 fillets)
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 200g butter
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4.
- Season the chicken lightly all over, inside and out.
- Put all the batter ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Taste for seasoning.
- Stuff some of the butter inside the cavity, under the skin and all over the breast. Smear the rest all over the chicken with your hands.
- Place the bird breast-side down in a roasting tin and cook for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, baste the bird all over with the juices, and turn it breast-side up.
- Turn up the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6 and roast for another 20 minutes. Insert a skewer into the fattest part of the thigh and press; if the juices run clear, the bird is done. If not, then put back in the oven for a little longer.
- Once cooked, leave the bird to rest for a few minutes before carving and serving with all of its delicious juices.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank The Telegraph for the recipe link https://www.telegraph.co.uk/recipes/0/italian-roast-chicken-rosemary-anchovy-garlic-lemon-butter-recipe/amp/