AUSTRALIAN NATURAL CHICKEN BREASTS (SKINLESS & BONELESS, 400G)
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 20 mins / Serving: 4
2 x AUSTRALIAN NATURAL CHICKEN BREASTS (SKINLESS & BONELESS, 400G) cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil divided use
1 cup thinly sliced peeled carrots
2 cups broccoli florets
4 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add the broccoli and carrots & cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate & cover.
3. Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel & turn the heat to high. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
4. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper & add them to the pan in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown & cooked through.
5. Add the garlic to the pan & cook for 30 seconds.
6. Add the vegetables back to the pan & cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
7. In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, honey & soy sauce.
8. In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
9. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds.
10. Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
Serve immediately, with rice if desired.