OCEAN CATCH NZ PREMIUM DORY FILLETS CLASSIC CRUMBED (4 FILLETS, 320G)
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 45 mins / Serving: 4
1 x OCEAN CATCH NZ PREMIUM DORY FILLETS CLASSIC CRUMBED (4 FILLETS, 320G)
4 tbsp olive oil
2 medium red onions, sliced
1 small garlic clove, crushed
1 ½ tsp za'atar (or use a mixture of cumin and coriander)
1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
20g pistachios, toasted
20g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
3 plump medjool dates, finely chopped
½ small pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
3 large red peppers
Cook the OCEAN CATCH PREMIUM DORY FILLETS following the directions on the packaging for your cooking method whilst preparing the simple Stuffed blackened peppers.
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil & add the buckwheat. Cook for 10-12 mins until tender but with a little bite, then drain & set aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions & cook for 5-7 mins or until beginning to soften. Tip in the garlic & za’atar, & cook for a further 1 min. Stir in the sugar, cook for 3 mins more, then stir in the red wine vinegar. Tip the caramelised onions into the buckwheat & combine well. Add the remaining olive oil, the nuts, dates & half the parsley, then season well.
3. Wrap the peppers in foil parcels & put on the barbecue for 20 mins, turning every so often. (Alternatively, put the peppers on a baking tray & cook in the oven for 20 mins at 200C/180C fan/gas 6 – but don’t use foil as you want them to get some colour.)
4. Remove the foil & slice the top off each pepper, being careful not to cut all the way through. Remove the seeds & fill with the buckwheat mixture. Serve garnished with the remaining parsley.
5. Serve with the Dory Fish Fillets.