Preparation Time: 20 mins Cooking Time: 55 mins Serving: 4
1 1/4 pounds (1kg) chicken wings, tips removed
2 tbsp. (30ml) oil
1/2 tsp (3g) salt
1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
1 tsp (3g) smoked paprika
1/2 tsp (2g) black pepper
1 cup (240g) barbecue sauce
1/4 cup (80g) honey
2 tbsp. (30g) ketchup or hot sauce (sriracha)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place an oven rack on top.
- Place the chicken wings into a large bowl, add oil and toss to coat. In a small bowl combine salt with garlic powder, smoked paprika and black pepper. Add the mixture over the chicken wings and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange the seasoned chicken wings on the rack in one layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes depending on their size, flipping once after the first 20 minutes.
- While the wings are baking prepare the sauce.
- Place the barbecue sauce with honey and hot sauce (your choice) into a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush with barbecue sauce.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until glaze is glossy and caramelized.
- Garnish with green onion and serve with your favourite dipping sauce. Enjoy.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Home Cooking Adventure for the recipe link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JFcLHT37ZM&feature=youtu.be