Preparation Time: 80 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Coriander, to garnish
PORK & BACON VEGGIE BOWL
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 400 g pork tenderloin
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 100 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 100 g cauliflower, finely chopped
- 50 g pine buns, toasted
- 1 firm ripe mango, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 125 g punnet blueberries
- ½ x 440 g can crushed pineapple in natural juice
- 80 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pork rub
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 60 ml sour cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. each onion powder, dried oregano, dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- To make pork and bacon veggie bowl, place sweet potato on an oven tray. Drizzle with half the oil. Roast for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- To make pineapple glaze, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- To make an avocado puree, process all ingredients until smooth. Season.
- To make pork rub, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add pork and toss to coat.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over medium heat. Cook pork, turning, until browned all over and just cooked through. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Slice.
- To continue making pork and bacon veggie bowl, heat remaining oil in frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion to the same pan. Cook until soft. Add broccoli and cauliflower and cook, stirring, until just tender.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in sweet potato, cooked bacon, nuts, mango and blueberries. Toss to combine.
- Divide avocado puree among bowls. Top with bacon and vegetable mixture and sliced pork. Drizzle with pineapple glaze. Garnish with coriander.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank My Kitchen Rules for the recipe link is https://mkr.7plus.com.au/josh-austins-pork-bacon-veggie-bowl-with-mango-and-blueberries