Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 8 hrs 10 mins
- 4 lb boneless pork butt(1.8 kg), or shoulder, cut into six equal pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 leaves bay leaf
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 large orange, juiced, save the spent halves
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- tortilla, taco shell
- 1 can black beans
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- 1 cup cheese(100 g)
- Cut pork into 6 equal pieces. Add it to the slow cooker.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic, onion, bay leaves, lime juice and juice the orange. Add orange to the cooker as well. Mix together until the meat is well-coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the meat pulls apart easily.
- Remove the pork and transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Shred the pork and spread across the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Pour about 1 cup (235 ml) of the liquid remaining in the slow cooker over the shredded pork. Broil for 5-10 minutes until the meat browns and crisps along the edges.
- Serve immediately. Great as a filling in tacos, burritos, salads, or nachos!
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.