EU HORMONE FREE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS (~10 DRUMSTICKS, 1KG)
Preparation Time: 5 mins / Cook: 55 mins / Serving: 4
1 x EU HORMONE FREE CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS (~10 DRUMSTICKS, 1KG)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce & garlic cloves in a large resealable bag. Add the chicken to the bag & seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil. Top with a cooling rack. Remove the chicken from the bag, reserving the marinade, & arrange the drumsticks on the cooling rack. Bake until the skin is caramelized and dark in spots, about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the leftover marinade in a small saucepan, uncovered. Bring the marinade to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer & cook over low heat until thick, about 15 minutes. Use a pastry brush to brush the cooked marinade on the chicken. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
4. Place the chicken on a serving platter & sprinkle with the sesame seeds & the chopped parsley.
5. Serve with your favourite sides.