AUSTRALIAN PREMIUM BLACK ANGUS OP-RIB PRIMAL CUT (BONE-IN RIBEYE, MS 2+, 7 RIBS) |
Preparation Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: Varies on Doneness / Serving: 6 to 8
1 x AUSTRALIAN PREMIUM BLACK ANGUS OP-RIB PRIMAL CUT (BONE-IN RIBEYE, MS 2+, 7 RIBS)
2 tablespoon kosher salt
4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1. Salt prime rib from one hour to up to five days prior to cooking & serving your prime rib. Once salted, wrap tightly in plastic wrap & refrigerate until an hour prior to cooking.
2. An hour prior to cooking, remove prime rib from refrigerator, unwrap & place, bone side down, on a roasting pan & allow to reach room temperature. At this point add pepper or other seasonings, if using.
3. Preheat oven to 475º F. Then, roast your prime rib for 15 minutes & reduce to 325º F until your prime rib reaches the desired internal temperature, usually 11 – 12 minutes per pound, about 1 hour & 50 minutes. Using an internal meat thermometer, remove your prime rib from the oven about 2 – 4 degrees less than the desired serving final temperature you desire.
4. The temperature of the prime rib will continue to rise due to carryover cooking. Tent prime rib with foil & allow to rest for 20 minutes.
5. Note: Here are the temperatures you'll allow to reach depending on the doneness desired:
115º F – 120º F for rare
125º F – 130º F for medium rare
135º F – 140º F for medium
145º F – 150º F for medium well