Buy Product(s): Ocean Catch Premium Australian Tiger Prawns
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 15 large tiger prawns, deveined, rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add tiger prawns and stir to coat with oil. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure even cooking on all sides.
- Stir in cooking wine and continue to stir for 15 seconds. Stir in soy sauce and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sugar, pepper (optional) and water. Turn heat to high, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low, give the prawns a final stir, ensuring that the sauce is coating prawns completely. Remove from heat. (Note: prawns will be done once they are evenly coloured and have shrunk in size but are no longer getting smaller).
- Serve with some cilantro on top.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Ahead of Thyme for the recipe link https://www.aheadofthyme.com/tiger-prawns-garlic-ginger-soy-sauce/#tasty-recipes-7020