SPANISH DUROC PORK CHOPS FRENCH CUT
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 4 x 150g (5 oz) boneless pork loin chops
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp.ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 fried eggs
- Steamed rice to serve
Nuoc Cham Dressing:
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup of fish sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped red chilli
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Cover pork chops with baking paper or cling film and use a rolling pin or saucepan to pound to an even 1.5cm thickness.
- For the pork marinade, whisk together the fish sauce, garlic, sugar, turmeric and pepper. Pour mixture over the pork and marinate for 10 minutes.
- To make the nuoccham dressing, combine the fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, lime juice and 1/4 cup of water in a jar and shake until the sugar dissolves. This can be stored in the fridge to use for up to 2 weeks. When ready to serve, pour out a small bowlful of the dressing and add the chilli and garlic.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook pork for 3-4 minutes each side until just cooked through. Remove from heat to rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve pork with rice, egg, tomatoes and cucumber. Top the whole lot with generous spoonfuls of dressing.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Marion Grasby for the recipe link is https://youtu.be/xQaPm7--eI8