Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 35 mins
- 225g white chocolate melts
- 400g unsalted butter, chopped
- 300g caster sugar
- 200ml milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 500g strawberries
- 150g blueberries
- 150g raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
WHITE CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melts
- 1/3 cup milk
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups icing sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced. Grease a 26cm round (base) springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place melts, butter and caster sugar in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Stir in milk. Whisk in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Whisk flour and baking powder in a bowl to combine. Add to chocolate mixture, whisking until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make White Chocolate Frosting. Place melts and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%), stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, for 1 minute or until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes. Using an electric mixer, beat butter for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla. Beat until combined. Gradually beat in icing sugar, 1 cup at a time, until combined. Continue to beat for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Using a sharp knife, trim the top of cake to level. Cut a 12cm circle out from centre of cake. Cover top and sides with frosting. Cut large strawberries in half and quarters. Keep small strawberries whole. Decorate top of wreath with berries and mint leaves. Serve.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Nagi Maehashi for the recipe link is https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/white-chocolate-mud-cake-wreath/tuuiqoe5