Buy Product(s): Duroc Pork | Spanish Pork Collar (Shoulder) Rindless Roast
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 2 hrs 15 mins
- 75 - 2kg / 3.5 - 4lb pork shoulder / butt , cut into 8 equal pieces
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 100 g / 7 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup / 80g brown sugar
- 1/4 cup / 65 ml cider vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F (standard) or 140C/290F (fan).
- Place Sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Once better has melted, stir to combine then leave for 1 - 2 minutes until sugar is melted. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle pork pieces all over with salt and pepper.
- Line pan with foil then parchment / baking paper, place pork in pan.
- Pour Sauce all over pork. Cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil. Turn pork. Return to oven uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Turn pork, spoon pan juices over. Return to oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until pork is golden and sauce has reduced to thin syrup (thickens more when it cools).
- Stand for 5 minutes, then turn pork to coat in sauce. Serve pork with syrupy pan sauce.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Recipe Tin Eats for the recipe link https://www.recipetineats.com/brown-sugar-garlic-butter-roast-pork/