Buy Product(s): NZ Premium Grassfed 2 Lamb Racks Cap Off Frenched
Preparation Time: 1 hrs 40 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 1 or more lamb rib racks with 7 to 8 ribs each (1 1/4 to 2 pounds for each rack, figure each rack feeds 2-3 people)
For Each Rib Rack
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Rub rib rack(s) all over with a mixture of rosemary, thyme, and garlic. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Place in a thick plastic bag with olive oil.
- Spread oil around so that it coats the lamb rack(s) all over. Squeeze out as much air as you can from the bag and seal. Place in a container so that if the bag leaks, the container catches the leak.
- Marinate in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for 1 1/2 to 2 hours as the lamb is coming to room temperature in the next step.
- Remove lamb rack from the refrigerator to 1 1/2 to 2 hours before you cook it so that it comes to room temp. (If the meat is not at room temperature it will be hard for it to cook evenly.)
- Preheat oven to 450°F, arrange the oven rack so that the lamb will be in the middle of the oven.
- Score the fat, by making sharp shallow cuts through the fat, spaced about an inch apart. Sprinkle the rack all over with salt and pepper. Place the lamb rack bone side down (fat side up) on a roasting pan lined with foil. Wrap the exposed rib bones in a little foil so that they don't burn.
- Place the roast in the oven roast at 450°F for 10 minutes (longer if roasting more than one rack), or until the surface of the roast is nicely browned.
- Then lower the heat to 300°F. Cook for 10-20 minutes longer (depending on the size of the lamb rack, if you are roasting more than one rack, and how rare or well done you want your lamb), until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat 125°F on a for rare or 135°F for medium-rare. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut lamb chops away from the rack by slicing between the bones. Serve 2-3 chops per person.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.