Preparation Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 10 mins Serving: 2-4
- 300g Whole Scallops
- 2 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Black vinegar
- 1 tsp Caster sugar
- ½ tsp Sesame oil
- 1 Garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tbsp Grapeseed oil
- 150g Choy sum, cleaned and chopped
- 150g Snow peas, cleaned and trimmed
- 50g Ginger, julienned
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing cooking wine
- Salt, to season
- To make the base of the stir fry, combine soy sauce, black vinegar, caster sugar, sesame oil and garlic in a small bowl and set aside. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and heat grapeseed oil in a hot pan until very hot. Add scallops to the pan, in batches if necessary, and sear for 30 seconds on one side, season with salt, then turn over and sear the other side for 30 seconds so they are nicely caramelised. Remove from the pan and rest on kitchen paper.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a hot wok, then working quickly, add choy sum, snow peas and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the Shaoxing cooking wine cook for 10 seconds. Add the scallops to the wok, add soy sauce mixture and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Brendan Pang from Far West Scallops for the recipe, link is https://www.farwestscallops.com/scallop-recipes/scallop-and-asian-greens-stir-fry