How to prepare Smoked Cod Croquettes With Sauce Gribiche?
Preparation Time: 45 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Finely chopped chives, to garnish
- 40g butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 100g brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100g carrots, finely chopped
- 100g celery, finely chopped
- 70g plain flour
- 150ml fish stock
- 50ml dry white wine
- 400g smoked cod, smoked extra, skinned & diced
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 200g panko crumbs
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 hardboiled eggs
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 12 Cornichons, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs baby capers
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped parsley, chives, chervil, tarragon
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 50ml olive oil
To make croquettes, heat butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
Add onions, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very soft, but not coloured.
Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in combined wine and stock. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in cod, zest, juice, chilli and parsley. Season. Transfer mixture to a large shallow bowl and refrigerate, covered, until cool.
Roll 2 tablespoons of mixture into a croquette shape. Repeat with remaining mixture. Dust each croquette in seasoned flour, then dip in egg and panko crumbs.
Preheat oven to 180C.
Shallow fry in batches, until golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Season. Place on an oven tray and bake for 5 minutes or until hot all the way through.
To make sauce gribiche, process all ingredients, except oils, to form a coarse puree. With motor operating, drizzle in combined oils in a thin steady stream, until sauce is smooth and combined. Season.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank My Kitchen Rules for the recipe link is https://mkr.7plus.com.au/veronica-pipers-smoked-cod-croquettes-with-sauce-gribiche