Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
- 125g walnuts, finely chopped
- 90g salted butter, melted, plus extra 100g melted
- 55g capers, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs dry white wine
- 1 tbs walnut oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 12 jumbo scampi (in shells), split lengthwise, deveined
- Baby cress (optional) and lemon halves, to serve
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high heat.
- To make the dressing, combine walnuts, butter, capers, olive oil, wine, walnut oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Brush scampi with extra melted butter and season with salt flakes. In batches, grill scampi, cut-side down, for 3 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 1 minute or until just cooked through. Serve immediately topped with walnut sauce, and scattered with baby cress, if using, with lemon halves
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank NINO ZOCCALI from delicious.com.au for the recipe, link is https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/antium-scampi/4m0g5rvj