Buy Product(s): Hormone Free Chicken Mid-Wings
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 6 pieces of Chicken Mid Joint Wing
- 50g Edamame Beans
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon molasses sugar
- 3 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon cornflour
- Prepare the chicken mid wings by washing them clean and patting them very dry with paper towels. Alternatively, you can leave them in the fridge and dry them out overnight.
- Add the baking powder and garlic powder to the chicken and rub them evenly all over.
- Prepare a wire rack by spraying a non-stick coating over the surface. Ensure that the wire rack is well-coated by brushing the oil over it with a pastry brush.
- Place the chicken on the wire rack and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 150º C for 30 minutes. (You’ll see the baking powder sizzle and moisture forming on the chicken. This is normal — it means that the chicken will be crispy!)
- Meantime, prepare the vegetables. (Edamame beans used here but you can use any vegetable you like.) Boil some water with 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the vegetables into the boiling water and cook it until they turn bright green in colour. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the honey and garlic sauce by combining all the ingredients for the sauce in a pot. Cook it over a low flame until it boils, stirring constantly to prevent the sugar from burning. Remove the pot from the flame when the sauce starts to thicken and becomes sticky.
- Back to the chicken. Flip the mid joint wings and rest them on the other side. Increase the temperature to 200º C and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken turns golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and coat them with the honey garlic sauce with a pastry brush (because the sauce is very sticky!) Serve hot with edamame beans. Enjoy!
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Sadia Singapore for the recipe link https://sadia.sg/recipes/baked-honey-garlic-chicken
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Michelin Star-quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.