Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1kg Coles Australian Lamb Butterflied Leg with Rosemary & Garlic
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 100g marinated fetta, crumbled
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 330g jar roasted peppers (capsicum), drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded, chopped (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 200g Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Preheat a covered barbecue on medium. Spray lamb with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with fennel seeds. Cook on the barbecue grill for 5 mins each side or until charred. Transfer to a roasting pan. Roast in covered barbecue using indirect heat for 20 mins for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil. Set aside for 10 mins to rest.
- Brush eggplant and zucchini with oil. Season. Cook on grill for 3 mins each side or until lightly charred and tender. Set aside to cool slightly. Cook onion on grill for 1 min each side or until lightly charred.
- To make harissa yoghurt, place cumin, coriander, caraway seeds and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Place in a food processor. Add capsicum, chilli, if using, garlic and oil. Process until smooth. Season harissa. Combine yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add harissa and use a skewer to marble.
- Thickly slice lamb. Arrange eggplant, zucchini, onion, chickpeas, rocket, parsley, mint and fetta on a serving platter. Serve with the lamb and harissa yoghurt.
Posted by Aussie Meat and we thank Sarah Hobbs for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/bbq-lamb-zucchini-eggplant-salad/6m85u2xg