EUROPEAN BROCCOLI (450G) | NEW
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 35 mins / Serving: 4
1 x EUROPEAN BROCCOLI (450G) | NEW
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 stick celery, sliced
1 leek, sliced
1 medium potato, diced
1 knob butter
1L low salt or homemade chicken or vegetable stock
140g stilton, or other blue cheese, crumbled
1. Heat 2 tbsp rapeseed oil in a large saucepan & then add 1 finely chopped onion. Cook on a medium heat until soft. Add a splash of water if the onion starts to catch.
2. Add 1 sliced celery stick, 1 sliced leek, 1 diced medium potato & a knob of butter. Stir until melted, then cover with a lid. Allow to sweat for 5 minutes then remove the lid.
3. Pour in 1l of chicken or vegetable stock & add any chunky bits of stalk from 1 head of broccoli. Cook for 10-15 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
4. Add the rest of the roughly chopped broccoli & cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Carefully transfer to a blender & blitz until smooth.
6. Stir in 140g crumbled stilton, allowing a few lumps to remain. Season with black pepper & serve.