How to Prepare Citrus Orange Roughy Foil Packets?
Buy Product(s): Wild Catch NZ Orange Roughy Fillet Boneless and Skin-Off
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 4 orange roughy fillets
- 12 slices fresh or salt-cured preserved lemons
- 8 slices fresh lime
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, stems removed and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh jalapeno pepper, seeds and veins removed and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- If preparing this recipe indoors, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Tear 4 sheets of aluminium foil into sections large enough to fold over filets, with another couple of inches on each side for closing the pouches.
- Place 1 filet slightly off centre on each sheet and add 3 lemon slices and 2 lime slices on top of each. Top each filet with ¼ of the cilantro and jalapeno pepper. Top with 1 tbsp of butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To seal the packet, fold the aluminium foil in half over the ingredients. Fold the 3 open sides, one at a time, over several times to seal the packet completely. The goal is to seal the packet tight enough to hold in the steam, but also to allow enough room for the air to expand.
- Place the foil packets into the preheated oven for 15 minutes. If cooking on the grill, place the foil packets onto a hot grill over medium, direct heat and cook for approximately 8 – 10 minutes. Add a couple of minutes to your cooking time if starting with frozen filets.
- To serve, open the foil packets, carefully avoiding the hot steam. Discard the lemon and lime slices.
- Transfer the fillets to plates, then top with spicy peach salsa and serve.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Val's Kitchen for the recipe link https://www.fromvalskitchen.com/citrus-orange-roughy-foil-packets/